Friday, October 21, 2005

I Still Believe It When You Say It's Another Perfect Day.

American Hi-Fi

Well what can i say at 2 in the morning?
I could as Paul likes to do; advertise the fact he has not missed anyone.
Or I could go on about how messed up my head is.
But, i think i'd rather tell you about three mates, a drumstick and one hell of a trip.

The last couple of days have been unreal, it all started with a little scheme devised by Chris and I. During one of our chats on MSN I was browsing the various ticket websites and was moaning that we had missed Bowling For Soup (BFS) in Manchester and then mentioned the fact that they were playing Sheffield. Ten minutes later we had come up with what was to be one amazing night.

Thursday started slowly but finally 3o'clock came and it was time to go get the train to Sheffield where i was to meet with Charlie and Chris.
Having successfully met up with them and visited a local tavern, where i was supreme as pool master (all bow down).

It was time for the gig:
Having very easily persuaded Charlie to come, he went to get a ticket while we waited outside only to see BFS' larger than life (literaly) guitarist walking out the door towards us. (Scotty we saw him and recognised him!)

The first support act was Army Of Freshmen who were truely fantastic, easily one of the best unknown acts around at the moment, they sound similar to New Found Glory (their album is not bad either), complete with massive stage dive at the end by their lead singer Chris who has genuine stage presence. Then they were even selling their own merchendise outside, chatting to everyone and signing stuff (Chris and I both got our tickets signed).

Next was the auwfull MC Lars, whos set was frankly crap. Hence a lot of booooing. The only reprieve was the presence of BFS on one of the songs.

Next came a band that i really hope tour the UK on their own very soon, American Hi-Fi. They first came to notice really through the American Pie films but are simply amazing live (massive Drum Solo!!!). Capped off by the drummer throwing his sticks into the crowd and one being caught by moi.

Then the band everyone had been waiting for, Bowling For Soup. Well what can i say, live they are simply brilliant. Every song becomes a sing along anthem with everyone going crazy and crowd surfers gallore. Nobody could go to that gig and not want more. More fun in the mosh pit, more exhileration. Bowling For Soup are whats termed a "trashy band" you don't take them seriously and that really is their appeal. I cannot recommend them highy enough.
They are a must see band!

On that note, I must try and get some sleep,

Clarkey

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I can't believe thats all you wrote about the gig, lol!!! It was one of the great nights out, and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone in the venue i'm sure. Keep up the updates mate, it was nice seeing u these last few days, bring on the next time!!!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger clarkey said...

hell yeah!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Was that it? That's like, erm, readable in one go? Come on, where is your mammoth essay like we say with Chris' effort!? I'm thoroughly disappointed but still found your thoughts hilarious!

Keep up the support of live music and check out my club NME post coming soon!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home