Wednesday, October 12, 2005

On My Own Here I Go!

Greenday, past, present and future masters.

As i sit here bottle of Carlsberg in hand having drank a few tonight i look to new horizons.
To a life of adventure and randomness.

In life i have found a few things out and if i may i would like to express them.

1) There is only one person in this life you should be true to, that person is yourself.
2) Nothing is out of your control.
3) Dave Grohl is god.
4) With each ending is a new beginning all you have to do is find the start point.

In the words of The Devine Comedy: "It's the end of the world as we know it, and i feel fine."

10 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

First of all, its spelt Divine, second of all, that was REM...... You're such an idiot some times

I'm liking the Green Day stuff though, lol. And come on, drink a proper beer, Carlsberg indeed.

I disagree with the second one, i believe everything is out of your control, you are just following a path that has been laid out for you long ago. And definately don't agree with the 3rd one, Billy Joel is the one and only god!!!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Oh dear! Getting Divine Comedy and REM confused! It shouldn't be done!! REM are good, but not Divine Comedy good! Hehehe!

Shame about the Carlsberg, but, I'm liking (2). NOTHING is out of your own control. It may appear out of your control but if you can set your mind to it then anything can be acheived.

Stick with these random thoughts though, we're liking them!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I echo the sentiments of the long returned Paulo! *waves* I commented about my approvals in the other post but I wondered why you quoted REM to be Divine Comedy? how many HAD you drunk that night??! lol

4:08 PM  
Blogger clarkey said...

erm... i#m writting through a hangover of epic proportions but as i remember it was about 6 bottles.

2:48 AM  
Blogger clarkey said...

(this hangover and those bottles are unrelated btw)

4:55 AM  
Blogger chris said...

You drank 6 bottles, so thats under 4 pints, and you were smashed? *raises eyebrow* How much of a light weight are you!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

WE WANT MORE UPDATES!

Sorry, a post a day was so much that I've come to expect this sort of service from you regularly!

7:47 AM  
Blogger clarkey said...

erm chris the two are unrelated, the hangover was due to a much more excesssive alcohol intake

10:17 AM  
Blogger Scandal Press Editor in Chief said...

i can drink most of my mates underthe table, 5pints downed in 2 minutes and can still walk i n a straight line and talk and open doors(but not close them, went to sleep not wearing much on floor with door wide open!)

3:24 AM  
Blogger Adriana said...

to top the things off with the 10th comment, written by not one but two girls as I sit here with freya ...umm I'm passing the kye board on to her seeing as this seams to be a drink competition and she undoubtably has a story or two that can beat all of yours single handedly!

Right... But not of myself.. But there was an evening in Poland... THe vodka is really good there, you know, but too much is too much... Anyway, there was a girl and she drank a whole bottle of vodka together with her boyfriend. I thinkit was one litre or something like that. She couldn't walk straight anymore.

ha! well then I guess I can beat that one though luckely (or sadly depending on how you see it) this too was not something I went through myself but had the pleasure of watching. This story also takes place in polen. there's this charming guy in my class (sarcasem at it's best again) with whom my exchange partner was a wee bit taken so she made sure that we went to the same pubs ..she also made sure that his exchange partner keept on badgering him to drink more. ...well ...he did, I can tell you that! when I turned to him when he was standing on the bench next to me swaying a bit like a salor and I asked him exactly how much he had had to drink he held up his hand showing three fingers and said to me with a big grin on his face :"nur zwei!" **chough** the story goes on... it includes a girl being tackeled into the sand by him and a few other things but the eavening (/morning) was very long so I'll just leave it at that!

I've got another story... It was a rowing competition, and we hadn'thad that much time to eat anything, so the alcohol showed it's affects much faster. Well, I don'tknow how much he had drunk, but a boy huddled into some dark corner when it was about midnight. He took a girl with him, who was reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally ugly. horrible. I didn't see the end, but in the morning someone told me he later had got into the first sleeping bag lying in his way. Anda few hours later (we slept in a gym) someone heard some splashing noises from where the mats lay...

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home