Moods and Music
Tonight life finds me in a very odd mood indeed.
I'm listening to stuff like Photograph (Nickleback) and I'd Do Anything For Love (Meatloaf), which i know what your thinking "what's the significance?"
well let me try to explain, i have a very weird relationship with music, certain playlist and tracks can instantly remind me of a time, of an event, of a feeling. The Ignition Remix (R.Kelly) reminds me of my year 11 leavers ball. I Like Traffic Lights (Monty Python) reminds me of Spain.
I've always wondered wether this is a good or a bad thing. Do the lyrics and feelings provoked by a song help us deal with a situation?
Past experiences provide us with a basis on which to deal with a situation, but do songs?
On this subject i'm completely undecided.
Anyway back to my point, tonight i'm in a very odd mood indeed, i'm in the sort of mood that makes Meatloaf the only music for me. It's just immense,
I got a taste of paradise,
I’m never gonna let it slip away,
I got a taste of paradise,
It’s all I really need to make me stay.
(Heaven Can Wait)
I'm having one of those nights with a reocuring thought drilling through the back of my mind, a thought i can't banish to the depths of my subconcious.
Bat out of hell on now and i'm bouncing up and down but still naggling thoughts go through the moaning guitar intro in the background. And Jim Steins piano, anyway back to my mood, i guess i'm just tired, like a weary soldier after a long campaign resigned to his fate, death or glory? lets go over the tops and find out. i guess i'll leave the end with Meatloaf, If I gotta be damned then i wanna be damned!

2 Comments:
I get what you mean and yeah, some songs do have that relation with events, moments in time or simply special people. Sometimes it's the first thing that enters your thoughts when you hear the song start, other times you'll appreciate the song and then be provoked into thinking about that certain person/thing.
Meatloaf does have that particular emotion in the songs but I'm not sure it would always match the moods I'm in. Sometimes, in fact, variation can be the solution to a strange/tired/angry/stressed mood and one CD is never enough. Don't feel stuck to the one artist, find something of a similar nature.
Nice site!
thanks i'm glad you like it, i do listen to a wide variety but Meatloaf fits this mood better than anything
Post a Comment
<< Home